It’s been one heck of a year, but with the vaccination rolling and the weather sizzling, Miami is ready to party!
Just recently our friends launched a new business that brings good food and good music to South Florida waters. Follow @aquaticflavors on Instagram and catch them out on the Haulover sandbar area this and every weekend!
Our sunny city is host to a cascade of events for all preferences in April; don’t worry. If you’re still hesitant, there are many virtual options and safety protocols (hello, masks!) included in the list. Here’s a small taste of what’s happening during April:
· Miami Margarita March – April 24. Cinco de Mayo can’t come soon enough! And we all deserve refreshing margaritas this year. During this event, you will tour 8 of our best bars and restaurants; and of course, you’ll enjoy a tasty margarita at each of them. Get your friends together for the ultimate experience! Click on the official website for further info: https://www.margaritamarch.com/miami
· Culture Crawl. April 15. Make your way to Miami Beach every third Tuesday of the month and get a taste of culture! The best city institutions will open their buildings to the public for FREE art exhibits, film screenings, backstage tours, and concerts. You will have free admission to the Miami Beach Botanical Garden and the Bass –just a taste of the many activities on their calendar. To get there, you can walk, bike, or take one of the designated trolleys that will drop you off for free! You can RSVP at The Betsy –one of the official hosts https://www.thebetsyhotel.com/calendar/miami-beach-culture-crawl-0?gclid=Cj0KCQjwsLWDBhCmARIsAPSL3_1VnZy1xK-NqnnY4I7btgP7qe7kAACa_6Cw23apE8lpasJnuo1lY0caAoTsEALw_wcB
· Virtual Live Earth Day April 22. Mother Earth´s day is around the corner. There´s no better place to celebrate than the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, with many science celebrities speaking virtually. Their talks will center on how Everglades restoration will help curb the effects of climate change worldwide. This event is free and open to the public. To check out the event, or any other happening at the Frost, click on their website: https://www.frostscience.org/
· Art Outside Family Day. April 25. This fantastic event can be experienced in person or the comfort of your home via the official Bass Museum YouTube Channel. This event is free and open to the public.
· Full Moon Yoga. April 26. Need some excellent asanas to strengthen the body and calm the mind? Well, here’s your chance to charge up with the Moon´s energy at Deering Estate’s Full Moon Yoga. The session will begin at sunset by the water; to finish up under the beautiful Miami’s full Moon. Admission is priced at $20, but the experience is entirely worth it. Remember to register online here: https://deeringestate.org/event/full-moon-yoga/2021-04-26/
· Super Moon Watching. April 26. If the Moon is your thing, but not so much the downward dog, don’t worry! Deering Estate is organizing a relaxing, fun way to enjoy the Full Moon experience. You can grab your picnic basket, your blanket, and your friends. Tickets are only $10. To register, click here: https://deeringestate.org/event/moon-viewing/
The pandemic is slowly making its exit from our lives. It’s time to celebrate! Make sure to check protocols and sanitation guidelines before any event. Stay safe, and have fun!