Feature: Photography by Jazz Malikoff
We had the great opportunity of sitting down and speaking to photographer, videographer Jazz Malikoff. We couldn’t resist! The pictures are looking amazing and we just had to find out more info. Enjoy!
Olzhas Baibulganov / Jazz Malikoff
Describe briefly what you envision while you are at a shoot.
- I always try to take a moment to visualize the scene and everything present in your frame. However a whole concept and the vision of the photo shoot starts before actual shoot.
Where are you from ? and where are you going ?
- I fell in love with photography and videography 5-6 years ago. In my home town Almaty, Kazakhstan I was inspired with the beautiful nature and the mountains that surround the city. Now I live in Miami and this is a very special place because my children were born here and Miami has a special energy that inspires me every day.
Describe your ideal photo session
- My ideal photo session when I know the date of the shoot in advance at least 5-7 days, not too hot not too cold, no wind, no rain however its Miami and you never know what is going to happen and that is the most exciting part which makes every photo shoot different and fun.
What’s your favorite gear?
- My favorite gear is Sony A7Rii with Sony 24-70 mm_2.8 G Master Lens, Drone DJI Mavic 2PRO
You are on a private jet & you can go to one place in the world. Where to ?
- I would go to Patagonia, because when I was a kind I read many books written by Jules Verne and I still remember how he was describing and mentioning Patagonia.
Define Success in your own words.
Success is learning something new each day.
What is the next project ?
- I am going to shoot music video.
Name 3 elements of a great picture (video).
- Light, Moment and Composition
What has been your biggest obstacle during this pandemic ?
- Not been able to work, because all public places were closed. However, I had time to learn something new and upgrade my photography/videography skills.
What is the one thing you wish you knew when you started taking photos?
- Stop taking photos in Auto mode and always use M – manual mode. The sooner you begin to truly control your exposure, the sooner you’ll become more than a camera button pusher.
When I listen to …
- The Beatles, Eric Clapton, Dire Straits, Creedence I usually edit photos
Favorite Artist / Song / DJ to listen to right about now ?
- Right now I listen to Led Zeppelin – Stairway to heaven