Without question, Christmas is everyone’s favorite season. But being completely honest, celebrating in fashion can get quite expensive. Between the parties, and the gifts, having a great family outing may seem out of the question.
Thankfully, Miami is a city that offers all sorts of top-notch entertainment that includes 100% free festivities. Here are a few options for you to consider:
- Miami Lakes Main Street “Festival of Lights.” On November 24 from 5 to 9 pm, join the Graham Companies –and the Main Street Merchants –for the Annual Main Street Festival of Lights on their 34th edition. There will be lots of family-friendly performances; among the most expected are the Lighting of Main Street, as well as amazing performances by students from local schools. There will also be many free activities for children, courtesy of the many sponsors. Take a family photo in one of the many photo stations and enjoy your evening with a series of presentations along two blocks of Downtown Miami Lakes. One last thing; you must come early to Shop Small to support the Small Business Saturday! 6700-6855 Main St., Miami Lakes. For more info https://www.miamilakes-fl.gov/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=event&id=18108&catid=11&Itemid=762
- Santa’s Wonderland returns to Bass Pro. All Miami-area families are invited to a magical Village where many of your favorite Christmas to-do activities happen! Take a free photo with Santa, and enjoy the many options of games and crafts. The Village includes a laser/foam toy arcade, Lincoln Logs building station, remote control trucks, and the opportunity to meet your favorite holiday characters and live elves! All in a mesmerizing set of snow-covered hills and Christmas trees. (through December 24) For more info click here: http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/santas-wonderland
- Santa’s Flight Academy at Dolphin Mall. Can you think anything cooler for your kid that for him to experience what it feels to be a real pilot? At the Santa’s Flight Academy, each child becomes a member of the flight crew –tries a virtual flight suit and everything! –And received a personalized Cadet Badge. Of course, each super pilot will enjoy a visit from Santa Claus; Santa will also teach them how to operate a sleigh. There will be lots of snowfall, music and Christmas lights. Do not miss this fantastic experience on the second floor of Las Ramblas at the Dolphin Mall, 11401 NW 12th St, Miami, FL 33172.Click here! https://www.shopdolphinmall.com/holidays
- South Florida Christmas by the Beach Party. On December 14, celebrate Christmas South Florida Style! On its 13th consecutive row, the Free Festival in Hollywood will have ballet, drama performances, music bands, many vendors, food trucks, and more! All are happening at the Arts Park at Young Circle in Hollywood. From 4 pm to 9 pm, enjoy the festivities and finish your fantastic night with a free photo with St. Nick at his beach house. For further details call: 954-247-1926
- Holiday Concert at the New World Symphony. Like every year, the New World Symphony’s Sounds of the Season is the host for an exhilarating celebration of the snowy season for the entire family. The event is completely free –The City of Miami Beach sponsors it –and the musicians dress up in silly costumes; your kids will have a blast. Also, do not forget a blanket and some lawn chairs so you can enjoy the free Wall cast concert, also happening there. The date is December 21 at SoundScape Park at the New World Center on Miami Beach. Visit their webpage for more info https://www.nws.edu/events-tickets/concerts/