“Christmas is not a season… it’s a feeling” Edna Ferber.
Oh! How right was she! Christmas’s a treat we cannot refuse; from the lightning, the presents, the delicious food, the endless candy supply, the excitement in children’s faces…And, unlike other years where we feel bummed about the year coming to its end, this time it feels different. As Xmas brings a new opportunity to reinvent ourselves! Let’s keep the positive vibe happening!
And if there’s a place with a positive vibe, it is our always vibrant Miami… so here are a few activities we recommend for December:
• Xmas at the Brickell City Centre… yes, we know! Christmas is not about shopping! But, let’s be honest, you do need to stop at the mall to get your bf that scarf he wants, or grandma those shoes she just loved. Seize this opportunity and stop at Santa’s Ski Lift. Check out the spot for photos with Santa, and get your gifts wrapped for free! Want to check out what else the Centre is offering? Click HERE
• Art Basel (ends on December 6th ) Art Basel celebrates its 20th-anniversary edition in Miami Beach with 283 premier galleries – the largest show in Miami Beach to date – including 26 first-time participants as well as multiple exhibitors returning after a brief hiatus. More than half of this year’s galleries have principal gallery locations in North and South America, joined by new and returning exhibitors from Africa, Asia, and Europe. For all art lovers, click here for more information.
• Santa’s enchanted Forest. One of the most impressive xmas carnivals in the world, is taking place in Hialeah Park with lots of games, rides, funhouses, holiday treats and a million lights that will create everlasting memories for little kiddos, but also adults. Wanna stop by? Check out the event’s site. Santa’s Enchanted Forest
Where to see lots of XMAS lights? One of the landmarks of the season, we suggest you visit these two places for some serious lighting!
• Miami Zoo. Get in the holiday spirit by surrounding yourself with nearly a million bright, animal-shaped lights draped throughout Zoo Miami. Families can stroll through the park and enjoy carousel rides and nightly carolers, and glimpse the twinkling displays. Santa will be around for photos, plus milk and cookies will be served (for an additional fee). Be sure to check the Zoo’s website for information on themed nights, like December 2 and 3’s ugly sweater events and Santa and elf look-a-like nights on December 18. Bring the whole family to marvel at the 26-foot LED tree, and the kids will definitely want to tell Santa what’s on their wish list. Check out the Zoo’s website for more info. HERE
• Gulfstream Park’s Symphony of Lights. The sprawling Gulfstream Park Village property gets illuminated by more than 250,000 sparkly LED lights this season, all set to the sounds of holiday favorites and jolly pop hits. Shop, dine, catch a horse race and soak in all the festive cheer through December. Check out the park’s site for more details HERE
Last thoughts… enjoy the family, enjoy the holidays. Be kind to the rest and let’s talk again in 2023! Merry xmas!
Featured photo by: @jotikaphotography