Fasten your seatbelts because May has tons of activity!
F1 hits Miami!
Starting with an exciting event for all the speed lovers out there, the F1 race is coming to
our beloved town this weekend! Get up to speed with everything you need to know about
the 2022 Miami Grand Prix, which takes place at the Miami International Autodrome in
Florida, USA, on Sunday, May 8
The 2022 Miami Grand Prix (officially known as the Formula 1 Crypto.com Miami Grand
Prix 2022) is a Formula One motor race. It will be the first edition of the Miami Grand
Prix and the fifth round of the 2022 Formula One World Championship.
Curious about the event? Click on the official website:
To find out about the weekend schedule, including details of practice and qualifying
sessions, support races, press conferences, and special events, plus the latest news
headlines, circuit information, and F1 race results.
What’s going on with Roe vs. Wade?
It’s impossible to discuss recent events without touching on Roe vs. Wade. Here’s a small
scoop of what the deal is:
The U.S. Supreme Court looks set to vote to overturn the Roe v. Wade decision that
legalized abortion nationwide. The unprecedented leak from the conservative-majority
Supreme Court sent shock waves through the United States.
How did Roe vs. Wade change women’s rights?
The case created the “trimester” system that:
gives American women an absolute right to an abortion in the first three months
(trimester) of pregnancy
allows some government regulation in the second trimester of pregnancy
declares that states may restrict or ban abortions in the last trimester as the fetus
nears the point where it could live outside the womb
If the Supreme Court strikes down the 1973 ruling, abortion could be banned in almost half
of U.S. states.
Stay tuned for new developments on the subject.
But, all politics apart, there’s even a more significant (and related to) event happening over
the weekend. It’s time to celebrate our beloved Mothers!
Yes, you can print and frame a lovely picture, give Mom a gift card, or take her to the Spa.
But, in all honesty, what mothers want is to spend time with their beloved ones and be
pampered as they deserve to!
Nothing says Mother’s day like a delicious brunch. Our city’s restaurants offer yummie
options. Here’s a handful of our favorite ones:
CORSAIR kitchen & bar
Endless bloody Marys and mimosas are also a perk at this brunch, valet for $10 with
validation. (Price: $52 for adults and $26 for children twelve and under.)
Mayami is offering a Mother’s Day brunch buffet with omelet and meat carving stations
and wagyu sliders, huevos rancheros, and Japanese pancakes. (Price: $55 per person plus
$35 for two hours of bottomless mimosas.)
Treat mom with entree selections that include a steak and eggs benedict on country bread
and a crispy shrimp with butternut squash and aji Amarillo puree. (Price: $50 per person
plus $45 for two hours of bottomless Louis Roederer champagne.)
Bulla Gastrobar (Multiple locations)
Celebrate mom with the entire family at Bulla with its budget-friendly, three-course brunch
at all three South Florida locations. As an added plus, all moms will receive a $20 gift card
on future dines. (Price: $29 per person plus $19 for bottomless sangrias and mimosas.)
Are you ready for #Miami in May and do you want to spend your days in sun-soaked Miami? No worries. Miami Guide got you covered with some hot deals on hotels while they last. Here are the best Miami May Events:
- May, 2022 – The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason TheaterBe sure to catch a show at the legendary Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater. featuring the biggest names in live entertainment.
- May 5, 2022 – Cinco De MayoCelebrate Cinco de Mayo in Miami, a city that loves to throw a party. One of our favorite celebrations of the year is Cinco de Mayo, an annual holiday on the 5th of May. Here are our top picks for celebrating Cinco de Mayo in Miami.
- May 6-8, 2022 – F1 Miami Grand Prix RaceOrganizers of the Formula 1® Miami Grand Prix have confirmed that their first event will be held on May 6-8 2022. As with all rounds of the FIA Formula 1 World Championship™, the action will be split across all three days.
- May 6-8, 2022 – FTX Off The GridJoin us for a 3 day Race Weekend on South Beach that brings the thrill of racing onto the beach with all-day entertainment and a soundtrack to match, including epic headline acts closing the show each day.
- May 6-7, 2022 – MAYDAYMIAMI – Jeep ShowcaseJeep enthusiasts will love the vehicles on display at the MayDayMiami Jeep Showcase. The one-day event aims to highlight one of America’s favorite vehicles and will include a raffle, music, tasty food, and icy drinks to beat the heat.
- May 8, 2022 – Mother’s DayOn Sunday, May 8, celebrate Mother’s Day at Miami Restaurants. Whether she’s looking for something cozy or classy, here is your last-minute guide to Mother’s Day specials in Miami.
- May 20, 2022 – Hidden Worlds MiamiHidden Worlds Miami will take guests on a riveting oceanic adventure starting May 20, 2022, until June 20, 2022, at the world-renowned Rudolf Budja Gallery in Miami Beach.
- May 21, 2022 – Vegandale FestivalAmerica’s biggest plant-based party comes to Historic Virginia Key Beach Park from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. on May 21. The Vegandale Festival brings hours of live music, vegan clothing and plenty of cold drinks.
- May 28-29, 2022 – Hyundai Air & Sea ShowHead down to Miami Beach for the Hyundai Air & Sea Show. The annual event is an exciting showcase of active duty members, technology, and equipment from all five branches of the US military, police, and fire department agencies.
- May 29, 2022 – Best of the Best Music FestThis Memorial Weekend, celebrate Caribbean culture and music at the 16th annual Best of the Best Music Fest. The Best of the Best Caribbean Celebration kicks off at 2 p.m. and runs until midnight, with the biggest names in Soca, Reggae, and more.
- May 26 – 31, 2022 – Sizzle MiamiMemorial Day Weekend in Miami Beach is always smoking hot, but since 2002 it Sizzles! Sizzle South Beach, The extra long weekend party will be the hottest on the beach, with the skimpiest, tightest, sexiest swimsuits Miami has to offer!
Check out The Miami Guide to keep up with the hottest events in Miami.
Enjoy the weekend and stay tuned for more news!
Featured photo by: @a.anamarcondes