The Holiday Season is upon us, and there is no better way to spend it than with family and friends. Just because we are celebrating Xmas, it doesn’t mean your wallet needs to suffer in order to enjoy it. Miami offers a wide array of entertaining events and places to visit completely free! We listed below a small taste of it; make sure you check these ones soon!
• Picture this: a 50-foot tree with over 55,000 sparkling bulbs spreading the joy in a shiny way. Merrick Park’s annual lighting ceremony is one of the highlights of the season. You do not want to miss this year’s Santa’s visit and plenty of pop-up shopping opportunities and giveaways.
• City’s Place Doral is all about celebrating the season. With its 30-foot tree, a dancing fountain –with Christmassy music of course- performances and live music starting before sunset, it is the place feel merry.
• The City of North Miami lures visitors on these days with a festive celebration at the Moca Plaza. Enjoy the music, the visit from Santa and the illuminated village tree.
• Bayfront Park Tree. Thousands of bulbs adorn Miami’s most recognizable tree. The stunning, beautiful tree overlooking Biscayne Bay is a must-visit over the holidays.
• Brickell City Centre with peppermint sticks, multi-story trees, bright lights, and oversized ornaments means guaranteed fun.
• InterContinental Miami’s Holiday Village; the winter wonderland features faux snow, train, trees and jaw-dropping décor.
Another option is to check private homes. These super cool owners spend their time –not to forget a good extra $300 on their electrical bill- in order to celebrate the season with neighbors and anyone who likes to enjoy the lightings. Among the most famous locations:
Enchanted Place of North Miami at 1600 NE 137 Terrace in North Miami is not just one house but one entire cul-de-sac. Neighbors get together to light up the tree canopy area and welcome the holiday cheer.
The Rapport home at 8740 SW 186 Street in Cutler Bay usually opens with Santa greeting children with candy at 7:30 pm. Check out the lights, animated figures, Nativity scene, Christmas trees, and inflatables.
If you are willing to spend a little bit, at least in one event, we highly encourage to check The Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade. Surely, you could also go to see “The Nutcracker”, but we are talking about Xmas at the beach! With adult tickets ranging between $12 and $15, the price to pay the “greatest H20 show” in Miami does not sound bad at all. Hurry up, though, since they run up pretty fast. For more info, check on their webpage https://winterfestparade.com/